Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thank you Info 3.0



This graph shows how many visitors I had in my blog since I started blogging. I am happy to see that I had returning visitors and I hope I will have more visitors in the future.

My Technology 3.0 class taught me how to blog for the first time. I used to do very short blogs before, but they were very short and personal. This class taught me how to make a really serious and interesting blog that readers can read to learn about information that is related to my major and interests.

I wanted to write about the evolution of science in the 21 century because I am a science major. I decided to major in Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics. Since I started studying science I always wonder if there would be an easy and simple way to explain difficult scientific concepts like evolution and genetics.

I decided to write a blog to see how well and simple I could explain science to people that were not science majors. I think I have the ability to express difficult concepts in a simple way and maybe that is why I had some visitors returning to read my posts.

I started my blog mentioning Charles Darwin and his theories of evolution because he gave science a very strong foundation and I thought that was very important to know about him. Then, I mentioned how the field of genetics developed. I also posted information about very important scientific and archeological discoveries of the 20 century.

Then I also went to the bioinformatics lab of
Dr. El-Sayed at the University of Maryland and I took some photos about the work that he is doing about trying to find a way to cure Chagas disease. I also posted more information about how technology is affecting our lives.

Blogging is a very effective way to communicate what I learn and to get more information about science in general. To make a good blog is not easy. I had to learn how to take good pictures, how to make a blog appealing to the reader and how to make each post interesting.

Now that my
Technology 3.0 class is over I will continue posting information related to the evolution of science. Maybe in a couple of years I will have many followers like my professor, Dr. Yaros said. I know that all the knowledge that I acquired from the course will help me in the future and graduate school.

I will continue blogging about science and I know I will learn more valuable information each time. Science and technology are advancing very fast. It is important that we learn and share information with everyone.

Blogging became a very useful tool to share and learn information that can benefit many people at the same time. I think the best way to learn information in the 21 century is to share the knowledge that we have with others. That knowledge will benefit other people and the way how we share it will reinforce our own.

This was the first time that I took a journalism class at the University of Maryland. The class taught me how to blog and everything about technology. What I liked the most is that I learned that journalism and technology go “hand-by-hand.” I also learned that every person can be a journalist if he or she wants to.

It is very important that a journalist knows how to use all kinds of technology to make a good story. The class taught me about all the technology that can be used to become a great scientific journalist. I personally recommend this course to every student of the University of Maryland that wants to become a scientist or is interested in technology, blogging and journalism.

It is important to mention that the Technology 3.0 class should be included into the
evolution of science and technology in the 21 century because is another example of how technology evolved and now is being used to teach students about technology and sharing information.

I believe that technology in the 21 century can make every person a journalist. Today, we have access to all kind of information and we can send and transfer this information anywhere around the world. Technology is allowing us not only how to blog, but how to be able to use the latest technology by enjoying our time that we spend in the internet, phone or smart phone.

I am graduating this year and I leave the University of Maryland with great knowledge and I am very happy that part of that knowledge came for the
Technology 3.0 class. I know that many of the students that took the course with me will be using all the information that we learned from Dr. Yaros and Mr. Paddock.

I can predict that in the future when many of us will be in graduate school with our iPads or some similar technology taking notes we will continue blogging, using more technology and remember our first professor that taught us everything about collecting and sharing information in the spring of 2010. Thank you Dr. Yaros.

No comments:

Post a Comment